early on in life, i thought i was a writer. i wrote all the time. then i grew up and realized it was all lame BS teenager shit. i quit. to this day i am not sure if that was a good or bad idea. regardless... when i was writing i would often present myself with writing challenges as inspiration for a greater result. one of my challenges was to write 100 short lines about me. so i did. 7 years later (this week) i decided to do it again. i wanted to compare the old me and the new me and see how much had changed. i will put the old 100 first. the first 25 of the second 100 are in direct relation to the old 100. they are things that changed. after that its just 75 other useless things about me.
the first 100
100. My middle name is Daniel
99. I got hit by a car when I was 10
98. I was in the Cub Scouts.
97. I played soccer as a child.
96. Mountain Dew was my favourite drink until I was in high school.
95. My life long goal is to work a Tool show.
94. I started off on WebTV.
93. I didn't start driving until I was 19
92. I am currently living with my parents.
91. I've seen the movie The Highlander a few hundred times.
90. I know all 50 states in alphabetical order.
89. I've been to half of them.
88. I own a John Tesh CD.
87. I sleep naked.
86. I hate animals.
85. I have my cabbage patch kid from when I was very young.
84. I'm obsessed with Nike.
83. Taco Bell is heaven. Try the quesadilla.
82. I am 1 of 4 children, the only male.
81. I have two nieces and one more on the way.
80. I'm some what addicted to buying DVDs.
79. I hate Star Wars with a burning passion.
78. I don't use ketchup.
77. I dropped out of high school at the age of 16.
76. I had my tongue pierced for 4 years.
75. My first job was at a record store.
74. I am everything I never thought I would be, and I'm glad.
73. I am constantly in love.
72. I love Bass, the beer, from the tap.
71. I am amazed by humanity every day.
70. Yes, I am avoiding relationship related points.
69. My most acclaimed achievement is a website I do for free.
68. My first concert was not one I wished to attend.
67. Please, don't serve me sour cream.
66. I don't have health insurance.
65. I am self employed.
64. It hurts to cry.
63. I am selfish
62. A dead body has never passed my line of sight.
61. I wish I had a larger vocabulary.
60. I have the urge to fly kites but never do.
59. There is no god at all.
58. I like to play with electricity.
57. I still have the shoes in which I learned to walk.
56. I want you to ask me about my writing.
55. Fight Club gives me hope.
54. I'm not very good at anything and that scares me.
53. I used to roller skate a lot and often miss it.
52. I stopped wetting the bed (also diaper) when I was 6 months old.
51. I sleep on my top bunk.
50. My current home is the only one I have ever known.
49. I have two guitars that hang on the wall.
48. James Horner makes me sleep better.
47. I hate everything about my mouth.
46. More often that not I fall asleep in my contacts.
45. I could draw very well when I was younger but have since given up interest.
44. Living in a large city is appealing to me.
43. Keep that spoon away from me.
42. I lost my virginity in a hotel room.
41. The summer of 2002 was the best of my life so far.
40. I am never in control.
39. I like to think I have lots of common sense.
38. So what, Brad Pitt IS hot.
37. If it weren't for me, he wouldn't have my life.
36. Charles Bukowski makes me try harder.
35. I don't feel as old as I am.
34. I have lied to you about something.
33. My mom washes my whites.
32. $20 paid for a fridge in my room, just for Pepsi.
31. Over 25 Iron Maiden CD’s are in my collection.
30. Talking to girls is difficult.
29. I am not comfortable with my body.
28. I won an award for break dancing.
27. Michael Jackson is still as good as he was 15 years ago.
26. I'd like to live on the west coast for a while.
25. Tommy Girl is a total turn on.
24. I Google my name almost weekly.
23. I am a horrible golfer.
22. I love music, beyond being a fan.
21. History escapes me.
20. Everybody's Free (to wear sunscreen) is my personal guidelines for life.
19. Yes, I have been to a strip club.
18. I think the US should use the metric system.
17. I miss her even when she’s right in front of me.
16. I started at 100 so I wouldn't have to think about how many I had left.
15. I used to pray for David Letterman's salvation.
14. I'm not sure I have a best friend.
13. I want to be famous.
12. Buying porn in NYC at 5am is more fun than you'd think.
11. My children will never believe in Santa.
10. My name in a major label CD release would be a dream come true.
09. I wear boxers and briefs.
08. I wasn't expecting this to take so long.
07. I don't spend enough time with my family.
06. I once played drums in the church band.
05. Lisa was to be my name had I been born female.
04. My wife should be a wonderful dancer and I not too proud to learn.
03. Being slightly perverted makes me who I am.
02. I would like to own a Lexus SC430.
01. I don't think this was worth the effort.
BH February 18, 2003
the second 100.
1. Mountain Dew is my favourite drink again... non-alcoholic.
2. I no longer wish to work a Tool show. I think it would ruin my love for them.
3. I stopped with the whole Nike thing.
4. I have 3 nieces, 1 nephew, and a great-niece.
5. I stopped buying DVD's in exchange for broadband delivered media.
6. I will barely touch Bass beer with a 10 foot pole now.
7. My most acclaimed achievement is my work ethic.
8. I have to watch out during sappy movies. I might cry.
9. The only dead body I have ever seen was a strangers, while servicing a funeral home.
10. I don't have a top bunk now. Hell, I don't even own a bed.
11. I have lived in 4 places. Two states.
12. I still have two guitars... one is new. I smashed one of the old ones.
13. I have a hard time remembering the 50 states now... at least past the N's.
14. I've been to all but 3 of them.
15. My life gets better each year.
16. I never ever want to live on the west coast.
17. Bukowski is still the only thing I care to read that isn't non-fiction.
18. I rarely ever Google my own name.
19. My greatest friend is Noah.
20. I absolutely do not want to be famous.
21. I got my name in a few CD releases. It is still cool.
22. I only wear boxer briefs. I removed the and.
23. Being so hammered in Glasgow that you don't remember buying porn, better than NYC porn.
24. I don't care about the Lexus anymore.
25. There is nothing better than a good hot dog.
26. I am a very above average Tetris player.
27. I sometimes make my own beer.
28. XBOX has a major grip on my life.
29. The occupation of guitar tech took my by surprise.
30. It won't be my job forever. I have other things to do.
31. I have no middle ground. I am an extremist.
32. My left arm will never be the same again.
33. I will more than likely always live in Richmond.
34. At some point, I will jump out of a plane.
35. I do nice things and don't tell people about it because I'm scared it will seem like bragging.
36. Gravity is the most impressive thing..... ever.
37. Dessert is not on the menu.
38. I HATE L.A.
39. I think we should use mid-wives.
40. As long as they are both of legal age and they both consent, I don't care who does what naked.
41. I'm really really really not into seeing your band play.
42. I have never shot a real gun.
43. I prefer to drink alone.
44. I wish mushrooms were poisonous. Then they would never accidentally be on my plate.
45. Doritos Spicier Nacho. Best. Chip. Ever.
46. 46, I am very hopeful about 46. I want it to change everything.
47. When I order General Tso, I never say Tso.
48. I eat too much and too fast.
49. I don't really care what you think.
50. I've never been arrested.
51. I keep trying to convince myself that romantic love is a choice.
52. I will buy CD's as long as they are available.
53. Eel tastes better than I thought. That only took 30 years to find out.
54. I used to be crazy, now I don't care how the shampoo bottles sit in the shower.
55. Christina Ricci. Mmmmmm.
56. There is a really good chance that I think you're an idiot. I am sorry about it.
57. I over think.
58. I forget to cut my finger nails. A lot.
59. This is taking even longer than the first time.
60. I hate horror movies and not because I get scared but because they are stupid.
61. I accidentally got high while painting my room using primer with the windows closed.
62. I spend too much money on tools.
63. There is something wrong with my skin. Only on my head and face.
64. I don't enjoy my talents.
65. Five Guys. Nuff said.
66. I own 7 guitar tuners.
67. Somehow, I quote Dumb and Dumber daily.
68. I have a real problem with using paper but not with using paper towels.
69. I can make a really loud popping noise with my ear.
70. NASCAR should be outlawed.
71. I don't like the Beatles. I am sorry.
72. More than likely, I will have a 3rd Mo-Hawk
73. There is no exit strategy. I am not scared yet.
74. I'm ok with Macs. I am not ok with Apple.
75. Shaving is lame.
76. When people are irritated by my finger tapping, I quietly use my teeth.
77. That I can remember, I have never punched anyone.
78. Indifference is a turn off.
79. I speak in superlatives.
80. Real candles are unsafe and I do not approve.
81. I wear the same size jean as I did in high school. Just a lower cut.
82. Drugs are bad.... Mmmkay.
83. Total Google fanboy.
84. Names escape me. Faces last forever.
85. I've been livin' out of this here suitcase for way too long. (19 months)
86. I forget to vote. I justify that by not bitching about politics too much.
87. I enjoy the chase.
88. I have had 4 ingrown toenails treated by killing the nail bed. You can't tell.
89. I out grew a stanosis of the aorta.
90. In high school I ran the mile in under 6 minutes. I'm scared to try now.
91. If I have kids, I want to quit drinking.
92. I wash my (very very very very few) whites with my darks.
93. I keep bottles of water in my car. Just in case.
94. Middle names are useless.
95. The universe blows my mind.
96. I hate swimming.
97. Cash sucks.
98. This took longer the second time around.
99. I only have one “what if?”.
100. This is it. Make it count.
October 30, 2010